Reimagining the employee experience requires a thoughtful balance between the culture we’ve cultivated over the years and the new perspectives we need to take us into the future. We started this process by proactively assessing how we want our business to look in five to 10 years and identifying the capabilities to get us there. Next, we invested not only in those capabilities, but in opportunities for people who will support growth.
These transformative changes have required a shift in outlook—for our company and our people. As we make decisive changes, we are encouraging employees to be equally as bold. Our transformation is still underway. Here are a few actions we’ve taken to change what it’s like to be part of the UPS team.
- Launching a new employment branding strategy, Future You, to help candidates envision who they can become at UPS. It focuses on UPS’s unique strengths as an industry-leading company that fosters collaboration and personal growth.
- Creating a new technology-enabled operating model for the Human Resources organization that positions UPS to better attract, develop, and retain talent, allowing HR leaders to focus on the division’s critical priorities.
- Streamlining Health & Safety resources and processes to focus on risk control and personalized solutions. We are also shifting toward a mentoring approach to better instill a safety culture among new UPS employees.
- Ensuring all UPS employees have a voice and seat at the table. By deepening our commitment to inclusion and openness to new ideas, UPS will have its greatest chance at exponential growth.
- Encouraging innovative solutions and thinking from all employees. Initiatives like an internal startup and annual hackathons are inspiring UPS people to develop new ideas, like Greenturn, and take initiative to make us a stronger company.
- Continuing to implement collaborative engagement tools and technologies that enable us to be more agile, act faster, and gather diverse ideas.
Transformation isn’t easy, and it doesn’t happen overnight. But we know UPS people will make the difference in our company’s success. By creating new opportunities for employees, we will become more efficient, competitive, and prepared to lead.